V-Ray 3.4 for 3ds Max is the most complete lighting, shading and rendering toolkit on the market, making speed and simplicity accessible to all artists. The latest version delivers a powerful feature set, technical advances and support for open source technologies.
V-Ray offers state-of-the-art rendering technology for your most demanding projects.
Production proven, cutting edge features and lightning fast, V-Ray is ready to take your renders to the next level.
New in V-Ray 3.4 for 3ds Max:
New V-Ray Denoiser
Automatically remove noise and cut render times by up to 50% with the new V-Ray Denoiser. V-Ray’s denoising technology is non-destructive, giving you the original render and the denoised version for even more control in post. Denoising can be used progressively while rendering or after rendering, with support for animation and enhanced blending between frames with the standalone denoiser tool.
Works with 3ds Max 2017
V-Ray 3.4 adds support for 3ds Max 2017 including initial support for the new Physical Material and HiDPI scaling of the V-Ray Frame Buffer. V-Ray RT now supports MultiTile and ColorMap.
GPU rendering improvements
- Supports bump maps with procedural noise.
- Supports orthographic cameras.
- Track GPU memory usage directly in the V-Ray Frame Buffer.
- Control the color of atmospheric haze.
- Now with support for top/bottom VR output.
Faster Global Illumination
- V-Ray Light Cache calculations are up to 15% faster.
V-Ray RT improvements
- Update render regions without restarting the render.
Improved GTR/ GGX
- Improved performance and no “fireflies” when using GTR/GGX materials.
V-Ray Frame Buffer updates
- Added option to automatically save completed images only to render history.
- Added option to keep the VFB history folder relative to project path.
- V-Ray 3.4 for 3ds Max is a free update for all V-Ray 3.0 customers.