Using the same unique data recovery technology IntelligentScan as the heavyweight R-Studio, R-Undelete is an inexpensive and easy-to-use yet powerful file undelete solution for FAT and NTFS file systems. R-Undelete recovers files on any local disks recognized by the software. In addition, raw file recovery (scan for known file types) can be used for heavily damaged or unknown file systems. For user’s convenience R-Undelete can be run from disks and folders context menu. Graphic files, video and audio files (all files are supported if a proper codec is installed on the system) can be previewed before they are recovered.
R-Undelete recovers files:
- Removed without Recycle Bin, or when Recycle Bin has been emptied;
- Removed by virus attack or power failure;
- From disks with bad sectors. In this case, R-Undelete can first copy the entire logical disk or its part into an image file and then process the image file. This is especially useful when new bad sectors are constantly appearing on the disk, and remaining information must be immediately saved.
- After the partition with the files was reformatted, even for different file system;
- When the partition structure on a hard disk was changed or damaged. In this case, R-Undelete scans hard disk trying to find previously existing partitions and then recovers files from found partitions.