“For over twenty years now, Final Draft has shown itself to be the most vital tool available to the screenwriter. Version 9 takes an already superb architecture on to even higher levels, allowing new and very practical ways to organize your workflow. This is not surprising, as Final Draft has consistently strived to innovate and address the concerns of writers working in film.”
The Industry Standard
- The number-one selling screenwriting software in the world
- Over 100 templates that format and paginate screenplays, teleplays and stage plays
- Scripts on Windows, Macintosh, or in the Final Draft Writer® app for iPad look exactly the same
The Choice of Professionals
- Industry giants such as James Cameron, JJ Abrams, and Aaron Sorkin recommend using Final Draft to write your screenplay
- The market leader and a preferred file format of the Writers Guild of America West Online Script Registration
- The proud recipient of a 2013 Primetime Engineering Emmy® Award
The Final Draft 9 user interface is updated to the new Windows ribbon look with new buttons, backgrounds and menus, but longtime users can have the same experience they’ve come to love by switching back to Classic mode.
Text to Speech
Have Final Draft read your script read back to you – you can even assign different voices to your characters. It’s like having a live script reading in your computer.
Import scripts from other word-processing programs
Import a script written with another word-processing program directly into Final Draft and our software will attempt to format that script correctly. If an element is not formatted correctly, you can easily reformat it using the Final Draft keyboard or menu shortcuts.
And even more Final Draft Features
- More and Continued element including dialogue and Scene breaks.
- SmartType by characters, extensions, scene introductions, locations, times, and transitions.
- Toolbars so the elements you use the most are right on your desktop.
- Spacing in your script.
- Any and all script elements including fonts, paragraph and page styles, shortcut keys, spacing, and indentation.
- Header and Footer including page #, date, scene #, active or collated revisions, and any other label you create
- Macros which are shortcut key combinations for text which is entered repeatedly throughout any script
- Automatic backup folder ensures you never lose your latest script.
- Type and Print your script with the exclusive Final Draft 12-point Courier font.
- Zoom your Script up to 300% for easier viewing and editing.
- Set Bookmarks in your script so you can always find a certain scene or line of dialogue.
- Check your spelling in U.S. English, U.K. English, Canadian English, and 10 other languages. Easily add custom words to Spell-Check.
- Save or Print in PDF.
- Register your script with The Writers Guild of America and other writing organizations.
- Backup your files automatically so you never lose a script.
- Print Script Sides by Character Name
- Print revisions in color.
- Email your Final Draft file from within the program
- Find and Replace words throughout the entire script or just by elements.
- Automatically generate a cast list.