“XYplorer is a tabbed file manager for Windows. It features a powerful file search, a versatile preview, a highly customizable interface, optional dual pane, and a large array of unique ways to efficiently automate frequently recurring tasks. It’s fast and light, it’s innovative, and it’s portable.”
- Supported Operating Systems: Windows 8, 7, Server 2008, Vista, XP, Server 2003, 2000, NT, Me, 98. Both 32-bit and 64-bit versions, where applicable, are supported.
- XYplorer is a Portable File Manager. It doesn’t require any installation or changes to your system or registry. Take it with you and start it from a USB stick, along with your personal configuration. File management to go.
- Multilingual Support: XYplorer comes in English by default but supports many other interface languages.
- Tabbed Browsing. Cutting-edge file management using a true multi-tabbed interface.
- The optional Dual Pane mode spells productivity and ease of use, especially for those coming from an orthodox file manager.
- Introducing 6 Key Navigation, a way to navigate the whole file system one-handedly by just 6 keys.
- Dual Breadcrumb Bars show the path of each pane and let you efficiently navigate the whole file system.
- Mini Tree™, the author’s favorite feature, is a folder tree displaying only the paths you have actually used.
3. File Operations
- Queued File Operations with background processing. Enjoy the speed and safety of a Copy Queue.
- Custom Copy, an alternative copy method featuring verification, safe overwrite, detailed reporting and logging, and more.
- Zip Support lets you extract archives and add files to them, including by paste and drag’n'drop.
- Quickly create New Items from a configurable menu, a major time saver.
- Batch Rename using wildcard patterns, variables, and Regular Expressions. Preview included.
- The powerful and speedy File Search supports Boolean Logic, Regular Expressions, Content Search, and more…
- The Duplicate File Finder quickly lists duplicate files in any location.
- Branch View lets you see the contents of all subfolders of a folder in one list.
- Customizable Power Filters let you quickly focus subsets of files.
- Tag-Based File Management supports assigning individual labels, tags, and comments to any file and folder.
- Color-code your files by Name, Size, Date, Age, or Attributes to quickly spot what’s important for you now.
- Tabsets allow you to conveniently store and load whole workspaces.
- The Catalog is a favorites panel on steroids, serving as launch panel, drop target, and scripts library.
- One-click Previews of all important image, audio, video, web, office, and font file formats.
- The Floating Preview is a sizeable preview pane separate from the main window for images and documents.
- The Zip View offers a very fast preview of the contents of Zip archives.
- Mouse Down Blow Up™ is supported for thumbnails and image previews.
- Folder Sizes and Item Counts can be shown right in the file list, as well as the Age of files.
- Copy Name with Path by Ctrl+P and similar useful little helpers.
- The Hash Values of a file can be calculated and displayed.
- One-click Reports on selected files, folders, or search results, including directory print in various formats.
- User-Defined Commands will reduce your daily routines to simple keystrokes.
- Folder View Settings. Save and auto-restore the view settings of any particular folder.
- Scripting. Advanced solutions for advanced tasks. A power user’s dream.
- Portable File Associations™. Home is where your double-click is.
- Custom File Icons means you can define which icons are shown for files and folders within XYplorer.
- Toolbar. A configurable toolbar where most buttons have a specific right-click menu.
- Keyboard. Customizable Keyboard Shortcuts for nearly 600 functions. Have it your way!
10. Safety and Accessibility
- Multi-Level Undo/Redo for file operations, stored between sessions, allows you to fix today what you broke yesterday.
- Wipe is a method to securely delete files and folders beyond recovery. Access Control. Control which paths can be accessed, and which file operations are allowed. A corporate feature.
- Adjust Font Sizes on the fly by Ctrl+Wheel, Line Heights by Ctrl+Shift+Wheel. The Toolbar supports Large Icons.
11. Last Not Least
- Simple key-based registration, 100% trouble-free. No DRM hassle. Customers are not treated like pirates.
- A clean and user-friendly interface, simple and elegant, makes working with XYplorer easy and intuitive.
- You can use XYplorer on all of your computers. The license is per person, not per machine.